Updated: Apr 11
Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe:
1. Basmati rice – 3/4 cup
2. Carrot – 2 small finely chopped
3. Beans – 2 finely chopped
4. Cabbage – 1/4 cup
5. Onion – 1/8 cup
6. Spring onions (white part) – 1.5 tbsp finely chopped
7. Spring onions (green part) – 1 tbsp finely chopped
8. Garlic – 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
9. Capsicum – 2 tbsp chopped finely
10. Soya sauce – 1/2 tsp
11. Green Chilli Sauce – 3/4 tsp
12. Ajino motto – 1/4 tsp (optional) – I didnt use
13. Pepper powder – 1.5 tsp
14. Olive Oil – 1.5 tbsp
15. Salt – to taste
Rinse rice and pressure cook it with required water till rice grain is separated…Fluff it off with a fork add some olive oil, keep aside.Chop and keep all the veggies ready.Heat olive oil in a pan, add garlic and spring onions white part,fry till its starts browning.
Then add onions and fry till golden brown then add carrots, beans and cabbage and saute till they shrink and raw smell leaves. Add capsicum saute with the veggies for 2mins.
Then add soya sauce – and saute in high flame for 2mins stirring continuously. Keep in sim and then add green chilli sauce, pepper powder,ajino motto(if you are using)and required salt.Keep stirring continuously for few mins till the veggies are well blended with the sauces.
Then add the cooked rice and mix well.Finally garnish with spring onions, give a quick stir and switch off.
Let the rice fry for another 3-4 mins . Garnish with spring onions(optional) and switch off.
Vegetable Manchurian Gravy Recipe:
For the vegetable balls
1. Cabbage – 3/4 cup (finely chopped) 2. Carrot – 1/4 cup (finely chopped) 3. Beans – 1/4 cup (finely chopped) 4. Maida (APF) – 3 tbsp 5. Corn flour – 2 tbsp, heaped 6. Soya sauce – 1/4 tsp 7. Black Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp 8. Salt – to taste
1. Garlic – 5 flakes(finely chopped)
2. Spring onions(white part) – 1 tbsp chopped
3. Spring onions(green part) – 1 tbsp chopped
4. Black Pepper powder – 1 tsp
5. Soya sauce – 2 tsp
6. Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp
7. Corn flour – 1 tbsp (mixed with 1/4 cup water)
8. Water / Vegetable Stock – 1 cup
9. Oil – 1 tbsp
10. Salt – to taste
Steam cook the vegetables for 8-10mins, just parboiling is enough the vegetable should be crunchy.In a mixing bowl add the cooked vegetables along with all other ingredients listed under ‘For The Vegetable Balls’.
Mix well, the water in the veggies was just enough for me to form balls so I didn’t add water separately.If you are not able to form balls then sprinkle very little water and shape them into balls as shown.Now in a paniyaram pan, add little oil in each hole and fry it in low flame till all the sides are evenly browned.Roll over to cook evenly.Alternatively, you can deep fry them too.
Drain in tissue paper,Set aside.Now for the sauce : In a pan heat oil add the spring onion white part along with chopped garlic saute till golden then add soya sauce,pepper powder and 1 tbsp tomato sauce.
Mix well and add cornflour water mixture and let it boil, once it starts boiling the color wills lowly change to deep brown color.After adding the cornflour mixture it will start thickening..Now add remaining 2 tbsp tomato sauce.Add required salt.
Once it starts to thicken add spring onions green part, add the fried manchurian balls and mix well.Cook for 2mins for the sauce to blend well with the manchurian balls.It will turn shiny and velvety that’s the correct stage, Switch off.
Serve hot as a starter or as a side dish for fried rice.