Updated: Apr 12, 2021
Linguini in Chimichurri sauce
1. Angel Hair Pasta - 10 oz
2. Parsley - 1/2 cup
3. Cilantro - 1/4 cup
4. Fresh Basil (4-6 large leaves) - 1/4 cup
5. Jalapeno, trimmed and seeded - 1
6. Garlic clove - 1
7. Juice of half a lemon - 1 to 2 tbsp
8. Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
9. Crushed Red Pepper flakes - 2 tsp
10. Ground black pepper - 1/2 tsp
11. Salt to taste
12. Parmesan for topping (optional)
In a large pot of heavily salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions (mine took 3 minutes)
Drain pasta and rinse pot with cold water to cool down.
In a food processor, combine parsley, cilantro, basil, jalapeno, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil until a pesto-like sauce forms.
Put pasta back in (cooled) pot and pour sauce over the pasta. Toss with hands or tongs until evenly coated.
Add salt and pepper to taste and toss.
Serve with crushed red pepper flakes and parmesan, if desired.