Updated: Apr 11, 2021
Herbed Foccasia Bread Recipe:
All purpose flour (maida) - 200 grms
Baking Powder - 1/4 tsp
Milk Powder - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Eno - 1 tsp
Curd - 120 gms or 1/2 cup
Dry herbs - 1/2 tsp
Water/milk - 2 to 3 tbsp
Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil - 20 gms (2 tbsp) + 10 gms (1 tbsp)
Extra virgin olive oil - To Drizzle after baking
Toppings of your choice
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Sift together, flour, salt, milk powder, dry herbs and baking powder.
3. Now add eno into the dry bowl. Put curd over it and mix well.
4. Using more water/ milk as required, for the a slightly sticky dough.
5. Now bring the dough ball, out on your counter and begin kneading for 3-4 minutes, while using up almost 20 gms of the oil from the recipe.
6. Line a baking tin of your choice with oil/ melted butter and dust with flour. You can use a round tin or rectangular or square.
7. Now transfer your dough into the lined tin.
8. Wet or oil your hands and spread it out into the shape and thickness you prefer. Smoothen the top surface of your bread.
9. Add all the toppings you are using and gently press them down into the dough.
10. Brush with olive oil/ vegetable oil and bake in the middle rack for 20 minutes with both rods on.
11. Then move to the top rack, with the grill mode or only top rod on, for another 5 minutes to get the top surface browning.
12. Remove and immediately drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top of the bread.
13. Cool slightly and enjoy!